Remember the time you visited the zoo for the first time? All those different animals and birds right in front of you. Magical, wasn't it? Years later I got cancer and the doctor told me I should be extra careful. Don't go outside much, you have a higher chance of getting an infection.So I did.
I stayed in my house most of the time. I saw my siblings, cousins, and my friends go out with others, having the time of their lives. And I thought ''How come I underestimated this all this time?''The smaller things in life seemed to be big deals. Dreams even. I wish I could walk out and soak up all the sunlight. I wish I could go to the grocery store and buy things for myself. I wish I could ride the bike and feel the wind in my hair (I was bald). "Man...I wish I could get out of this house and walk around and touch some trees"
"I wish my hair curled up once again" (I hated my curly hair)
Yeah...Long story short. I survived cancer. And I never wanted to see animals locked up for entertainment. I never went to the zoo again.
Comments
Post a Comment